Our Society Pages
In this section of the web information will be posted for our members. You will find information that relates to our society, including membership applications, events that are happening, new links and sources found by our members, web updates, trip information, and more. Check back frequently to see what's happening in our group.
Links from Paul Howes's talk on pre-1837 English research from November 2015
Links from Paul Howes's talk on post-1837 English research from March 2015
- Post 1837 Online British Isles Resource List
- Paul's slide show presentation Post 1837 British Research
- English/Welsh marriage register images by county
- Ancestry: Dorset, Lancashire, London, Surrey, Warwickshire and Yorkshire
- Family Search: Cornwall, Cumberland, Devon, Dorset, Durham, Kent , Lancashire, Middlesex, Norfolk, Northumberland and Yorkshire
- FindMyPast: Cheshire, Devon, Hertfordshire, Kent (part), Middlesex, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Yorkshire and all of Wales
- Family Search Maps
Links for English research from Sue Gill's talk at our April 2014 meeting
Link to handout from Charles Tingley's talk at our February 2014 Meeting
Link to Jack Butler's Handout from our Sept 2012 Meeting
1940 Census Research from our May 2012 meeting
Link to Jack Butler's handouts from the Jan 14, 2012 meeting
Irish Research links from our Nov 12, 2011 meeting
Links from our May 7, 2011 meeting
- Find A Grave
- You need an account, so create one if you haven't already.
- Go to your contributor page.
- Under Customize you will see a link for 'My Virtual Cemeteries'. Click edit.
- Click 'add new'. Type in a name for your virtual cemetery.
- Once the cemetery is created, find someone already in Find A Grave you want to add to your cemetery.
- On that person's page you will see a link 'edit virtual cemetery info'. Click this link.
- Put a check in the box beside your virtual cemetery name and the individual is now part of your cemetery.
- FamilySearch research help. Help with your research problems from the LDS.
- Click the link on the right that says 'Contact Family Search'.
- Click the link to send a message.
Links from our 2011 seminar
Websites links from our February 2011 meeting